Changing your Cookie preferences
Other than in respect of Cookies which are strictly necessary for this website to function (which are always active), Cookies are switched off by default. You can manage your Cookie consent preferences at any time by going to our cookie settings by clicking the green cookie icon bottom left of the website.
The type of personal information we collect via our website:
- Name and contact information (email, address and phone number)
- School staff only: School staff role, school name, school postcode and school resources usage
- For ambassador volunteers only: date of birth, address and LGBT+ identity
- Customer and donor financial information
- Delivery address for orders/post
- Donations made, including via third parties such as Enthuse and Just Giving
- Website user statistics
- Consent to be contacted
How we get the personal information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Signing up as a member of our website and/or to take part in School Diversity Week
- Ordering a free Rainbow Ribbon or purchasing a product in our shop
- Signing up to our mailing list
- Making a donation
We use the information that you have given us in order to process shop and free Rainbow Ribbon orders, support school staff with LGBT+ inclusion, and keep our users informed about our work and ways to support Just Like Us.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us.
(b) We have a vital interest.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is safely and securely stored by Just Like Us.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please get in touch if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
Please get in touch if you wish to make a complaint.